Moving or downsizing? What do you do WITH THAT UNWANTED FURNITURE?
Moving is stressful enough. But these days, selling or even unloading that excess furniture can be a real pain. The fact is, the 2nd-hand market is no longer what it used to be, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have the means!
On YOUR end, our best advice is: give yourself enough TIME. Know that getting rid of your belongings in a responsible way (and that will make you feel better about them going to a good home) will take longer than a few days right before you’re trying to move.
On OUR end, when it comes to moving and organizing, we are proud to serve our clients’ needs in their desire to downsize and relocate their most treasured items into their new, smaller homes. We will plan, measure, and ensure items will fit. We will unpack, organize rooms and arrange decor to suit your tastes.
We cannot ensure the sale or disposal of large furniture pieces… but we can provide trusted resources to try to fill that need. Please know that they require some lead time and that this process sometimes requires weeks or more. Here are some of our valued partners:
- Bill Pearce – “Mantiques”- 443-610-3220
- Raab Christolf – Alex Cooper – Raab@Alexcooper.com
- The Antique Man – 1806 Fleet St. Balt., Md. 21231 – 410-732-0932
- The Bowery of Antiques – 9502 Harford Rd. – 410-732-2778 (David Donovan)
- MaxSold – Online Auction – Maxsold.com
- Great Finds And Designs – 1924 Greenspring Dr. Timonium, Md 21093 – 410-561-9413
- The Clearing House – 200 W. Padonia Rd. Timonium, Md. 21093 – 410-561-4546
- The Turnover Shop – 3855 Roland Ave. Balt, Md. 21211 – 410-235-9585
- Cornerstone Consignment – 2175 Greenspring Dr, Timonium, Md. 21093 410-561-3767
If your items are not antiques or collectible, with enough time, you can try to Craigslist or Nextdoor them. If all else fails, there are charitable organizations that WE can help you coordinate, such as Purple Heart, Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity which will, with lead time, schedule a pickup for furnishings and provide you a tax deductible receipt:
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake – 410-837-1800
- Habitat For Humanity Restore – 505 Kane St. Baltimore, Md. 21224 – 410-633-0505
- Purple Heart – www.purpleheartpickup.org – can schedule online